How to deploy an upgrade (build with rebar3)

by by@REDACTED
Sat Feb 22 13:15:02 CET 2020

Hello,

I use rebar3 to build my Erlang applications.

For application deployment, I build a compressed archive and copy it to the target. The first release works, but how can I upgrade my application on the running system?

I found some information with this link: https://www.rebar3.org/docs/releases#section-deploying-an-upgrade <https://www.rebar3.org/docs/releases#section-deploying-an-upgrade>

But I got error when I try to unpack/install my new release:
Unpack failed: release_package_not_found
Installed versions:
* 1.0.2	permanent

Say, I have a release (1.0.2) which is running, and there are some code changes, I build ($ rebar3 as prod tar) a new release (1.0.3). Is myrel-1.0.3.tar.gz sufficient for deploying the upgrade? I copied the myrel-1.0.3.tar.gz to the root directory of my application.

I think the problem is how to make my new release/version being listed with command: $ bin/myrel versions

Kind Regards,
Yao