Erlang: Create a netlink socket, bind to it, send a multicast message and receive a response

Andreas Schultz andreas.schultz@REDACTED
Thu Aug 27 11:24:30 CEST 2020

Am Do., 27. Aug. 2020 um 10:39 Uhr schrieb Papa Tana <papa.tana101@REDACTED
>:

> > Have you tried https://github.com/Feuerlabs/netlink ?
> > (I haven't used it in ages, but the last commit was in 2019, so it
> > seems to still be in use.)
>
> The last commit is not so important for me as long as it works.
>
> But I saw "test with locally built libnl", and I'm facing a lot of errors
> when trying to install tetrapak so tretrapak cannot be installed on my
> machine.

gen_netlink can be built with rebar. No need to use the old build chain.

In addition, even tetrapak installed, I cannot see any documentation about
> export, data types, or any example use case, so I didn't find where to
> start with it.

I don't get why you insist on reinventing existing stuff. I get that you
want to learn Erlang, but there are easier projects.
Anyway, working code for using netlink and the Linux kernel GTP module can
be found here: https://github.com/travelping/gtp_u_kmod

Regards,
Andreas

--

Andreas Schultz

--

Principal Engineer

t: +49 391 819099-224

------------------------------- enabling your networks
-----------------------------

Travelping GmbH
Roentgenstraße 13
39108 Magdeburg
Germany

t: +49 391 819099-0
f: +49 391 819099-299

e: info@REDACTED
w: https://www.travelping.com/
Company registration: Amtsgericht Stendal
Managing Director: Holger Winkelmann
Reg. No.: HRB 10578
VAT ID: DE236673780