Static Erlang

Fred Hebert mononcqc@REDACTED
Mon Aug 3 15:21:02 CEST 2020

One of the things to figure out properly is to then make sure other
dependencies (i.e. openssl, wx libraries, etc.) are statically linked when
compiling the VM. I do not think that there is a full list of options put
in one place to choose to do that. For example,
--{enable,disable}-dynamic-ssl-lib
will let you make sure that the libraries used are statically linked (when
combining with --with-ssl at least)

As far as I know, the SSL-specific switches exist to help with Windows
builds, but I'm not necessarily aware of similar options for other
dependencies