[erlang-questions] A subtyping system for Erlang

Björn Gustavsson bjorn@REDACTED
Fri Oct 11 14:29:48 CEST 2019

On Fri, Oct 11, 2019 at 2:15 PM Sven-Olof Nystrom <svenolof@REDACTED> wrote:

> The subtyping system contains a module con.erl. If the name conflicts
> with some module in the standard library, I could rename it. But as
> far as I can tell, there is no module con.erl in the library
> "syntax_tools".

On Windows, CON is the reserved named for the console. Since file
names are case insensitive, "con" also refers to the console, as does
"con" with any extension. Thus, "con.beam" is a reference to the
console. You should rename your module.

/Björn