Inets http2 support

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Sat Nov 23 09:04:43 CET 2019

On 22/11/2019 21:03, Dave Cottlehuber wrote:
>> On 21/11/2019 17:22, Lukas Larsson wrote:
>>> One of the use-cases (besides the obvious HTTP/3 use-case) that we have
>>> been thinking about would be to allow the Erlang distribution to run
>>> over QUIC.
>
> Had you considered something like nng instead of HTTP/3 for this?

You mean QUIC, no need for HTTP/3 for the distribution.

> - already available[1]
> - much much simpler than HTTP/3/QUIC (I would hate to count the lines of code)
> - the survey pattern[2] looks ideal for maintaining heartbeats
>
> I've fiddled with enm[3] https://github.com/basho/enm which is wire compatible,
> and it's very fast indeed.
>
> [1]: https://github.com/nanomsg/nng
> [2]: https://nanomsg.org/gettingstarted/nng/survey.html
> [3]: https://github.com/basho/enm

 From what I understand it's still built on top of TCP. The main
advantage of QUIC is that you can map messages onto different streams.
Each stream's messages are ordered but the whole connection is not.
Streams don't block each other. Different streams may have different
priorities (we could have a process_flag that indicates this for very
important processes and the distribution driver would send their
messages before others).

Cheers,

--
Loïc Hoguin