Configure Emacs for Erlang development

Nathaniel Waisbrot nathaniel@REDACTED
Mon Nov 4 15:54:04 CET 2019

> By the way, I want to ask: what kind of editor configuration do you use to develop Erlang every day?

Although I always mean to get better at Emacs and fully customize it to perfection, I never have.

In lieu of personalization, I use Spacemacs (http://spacemacs.org/#) with the 'erlang' layer: http://spacemacs.org/layers/+lang/erlang/README.html

The only thing I need for Erlang support is the 'erlang' in the configuration-layers list of my .spacemacs file, which starts like this:

(defun dotspacemacs/layers ()
 "Configuration Layers declaration.
You should not put any user code in this function besides modifying the variable
values."
 (setq-default
 dotspacemacs-distribution 'spacemacs
 dotspacemacs-enable-lazy-installation 'unused
 dotspacemacs-ask-for-lazy-installation t
 dotspacemacs-configuration-layer-path '()
 dotspacemacs-configuration-layers
 '(
 go
 lua