[erlang-questions] Equal binaries with different integers

empro2@REDACTED empro2@REDACTED
Sat May 4 01:40:10 CEST 2019

On Fri, 03 May 2019 09:51:39 +0000
dieter@REDACTED wrote:

> "Trying" can be used as a noun,

True, then it is called a "gerund".

> so it makes sense.

False, when it was a gerund the line is a sole
noun phrase. Here it was meant as a present participle
being part of a present progressive but lacking the "are"
which got fused to the "You" caused by phonetic similarity
or possibly by some electric spelling correction.

But that "mistake" in itself was of little importance to
me, what was can be found there:

<http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2019-May/097865.html>

> I like the erlang bit/binary syntax a lot, it allowed me

So do I. I also liked zxq9's explanation, Erlang
(particularly its lack of loops and its "ugliness"), and
not least the people on this list :-)

Michael

--

You do not live in your environment,