[erlang-questions] Looking for the Secure Coding Guide

eric@REDACTED eric@REDACTED
Fri Mar 1 18:04:30 CET 2019

Hi Juan,

Thanks for the links - I guess I'm trying to find something that
operationalizes specifically for Erlang the OWASP guidance found here
(Yes, I'm aware that not all of this applies to Erlang, but where it
does apply, is there guidance around how it should be operationalized in
Erlang development?) -
https://www.owasp.org/images/0/08/OWASP_SCP_Quick_Reference_Guide_v2.pdf

The documents you linked to touch on security while focusing on
operational results (in my opinion) as did the document I linked to
below; however, they don't focus on security. I'm looking for something
that focuses specifically on security regardless of whether it makes
coding easier or more difficult. In other words,

Regarding Dialyzer, I'm not sure that Dialyzer would call out something
that is syntactically correct; however, unadvisable as it introduces
risk to the information. It is syntactically correct to receive input
without any input validation (this would not throw an error in the
application); however, would Dialyzer provide an alert that input
validation was not present (just a for instance)?

Thanks again,
Eric Svetcov