** exception exit: noconnection

Roger Lipscombe roger@REDACTED
Wed Dec 4 15:37:22 CET 2019

On Wed, 4 Dec 2019 at 11:17, Adam Lindberg <hello@REDACTED> wrote:
> Perhaps something along the lines of:
>
>     (test@REDACTED)1> my_test:start().
>     Running...
>     ** shell process received exit signal: noconnection
>     (test@REDACTED)2>

Except: the shell process isn't receiving an exit signal. It's being
killed. You can see that if you examine self() before and after that
message -- the REPL restarts the shell process.

To make this more obvious, I have a custom prompt which displays the
shell's pid: https://github.com/rlipscombe/rl_erl_prompt [1].

But even with that said, the message could be improved, certainly.

[1]: I note in passing that there's actually attempted support for
colour in there. I could never get it working.