[erlang-questions] ssl {reuse_sessions,false}

Ingela Andin ingela.andin@REDACTED
Fri Aug 23 14:52:48 CEST 2019

Hi!

{reuse_sessions,false} just makes the current connection not use the
feature but the information is
saved for possible other connections to use it, as it is configured per
connection and the ssl application can not know
if might need it later.

Since ssl-8.2.1 there should be a working limitation of the table, although
it is a soft limit due to current implementation trade offs, and it will be
shrieked gradually. At a very high load it might shrink to slow, the
workaround would be to have a callback for the session table that does not
save the information.

We been thinking about changing the implementation but TLS-1.3 has a new
mechanism, and there is also other mechanisms for TLS 1.2 the we have not
implemented so it just have not landed in best way forward yet.

Regards Ingela - Erlang/OTP Team - Ericsson AB