[erlang-questions] Erlang version confusion

Fred Hebert mononcqc@REDACTED
Wed Aug 21 15:13:37 CEST 2019

On Tue, Aug 20, 2019 at 5:29 PM <lloyd@REDACTED> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have Erlang Version 19.0 installed long-ago on my dev system. While
> testing Nitrogen code my app crashed due to the pesky string library
> revision problem: string:lexemes/2 was not to be found.
>
> Looks like it might be useful to bring Version 19.0 under kerl. But,
> problem, I don't know how to decommission the old 19.0 installation.
>
> Can anyone provide the magic incantation?

 I would probably just uninstall 19.0 from wherever it was installed (i.e.
sudo apt remove or whatever the command is for the reverse on a package
manager you might have used) and re-build it with kerl. I think this would
be easier than figuring out where all the parts are and moving them into
kerl.

The quickest workaround might also just be to make the kerl paths come
before the other ones in your $PATH environment variable, which tends to
dictate the lookup order of executables on your filesystem.

Regards,
Fred.