[erlang-questions] Lots of epmd in pod

Tristan Sloughter t@REDACTED
Fri Aug 9 15:38:40 CEST 2019

Based on the output this is likely the issue but why are the epmd processes going down in the first place? Usually the first one keeps running and no new ones are created, so this issue of reaping doesn't come up.

Another option is to not use epmd when running in kubernetes. There aren't port issues in k8s so it isn't needed.

Checkout https://github.com/oltarasenko/epmdless for this.

The only catch is you need to set the env var `EPMDLESS_REMSH_PORT` to the port used for distribution so that remote_console works the same as before.

I'll get something written up about using this in kubernetes soon.

Tristan