[erlang-questions] How do you go to production?

Dieter Schön dieter@REDACTED
Tue Apr 16 22:24:46 CEST 2019

Hi Lloyd,

this week I am not in the office, so I can just try to do a brain dump.

The installation was quite simple, I installed a plain Ubuntu desktop,

and then extracted the erlang tar file into /opt. This is done by one or
two shell scripts.

The erlang app is started on demand by another application, which is
launched by the

operator.

So I do not have to deal with systemd (which I also do not like very
much) or the like.

My application could run as a server, but in the current use case there
is no need for that.

For the footprint of the docker container I will have to come back next
week.

I really have no idea how big it is. In former times I have used
VirtualBoxes with snapshots

for similar tasks, but if the focus is quite narrow, a docker container
is far more easier and quicker

than a complete VM.

Regards,

Dieter