[erlang-questions] Release c_src dependencies

Roger Lipscombe roger@REDACTED
Sat Apr 13 13:08:08 CEST 2019

On Sat, 13 Apr 2019 at 11:59, Albin Stigö <albin.stigo@REDACTED> wrote:
> I have an application with a bundled fairly complex cnode linked
> against GNURadio (that in itself has a lot of dependencies libboost
> among others). I'm now in the process of creating a release and
> thinking about ways to satisfy dependencies with minimal fuss. I can
> think about a few ways but am unsure about the best option.

What's your target OS (and distribution)? Since we target Ubuntu, we
just package our Erlang releases as deb files and make sure the deb's
dependencies are set correctly. This includes packaging various other
components (the cnode in your example, I guess) as separate debs.

For packaging the deb, you could use the Debian packaging scripts,
which are kinda awkward to use, or you could just use the fpm gem.