[erlang-questions] digraph questions

Mike French mfrench@REDACTED
Tue Apr 9 09:27:59 CEST 2019

I understand you are looking for a digraph use case, but to answer the actual question, see StoryFlow:

http://www.ycwu.org/projects/infovis13.html

Mike

________________________________
From: erlang-questions-bounces@REDACTED <erlang-questions-bounces@REDACTED> on behalf of lloyd@REDACTED <lloyd@REDACTED>
Sent: Tuesday, April 9, 2019 2:28:49 AM
To: erlang-questions@REDACTED
Subject: [erlang-questions] digraph questions

The Erlang digraph library looks like it may provide an interesting way to diagram scenes in a novel.

1> Scene10 = digraph:new().

Imagine:

Setting:"park"

Character1:"Franco"

Character2:"Sophia"

2> digraph:add_vertex(Scene10, "Park", "Night").

3> digraph:add_vertex(Scene10, "Franco", "Old and fat").

4> digraph:add_vertex(Scene10, "Sophia", "Young and beautiful").

5> digraph:add_edge(Scene10, "Franco", "Sophia", "loves").

OK to here EXCEPT command 5 returns:

['$e'|0]

6> digraph:add_edge(Scene10, "Sophia", "Franco", "hates").

OK to here EXCEPT command 5 returns:

['$e'|0]

6> digraph:add_edge(Scene10, "Sophia", "Franco", "hates").

['$e'|1]

Wah!

Question 1: How do I see labels?

Question 2: Be cool to add a sequence of actions. I can probably figure this out, but is there an elegant solution?

Question 3: I'd love to visualize the graph. I see it can be done in Elixir. But I don't know Elixir. Has anyone programmed a way to visualize digraphs in Erlang?

Comment: Digraph is crying out for a comprehensive tutorial. I'd love to do it, but just don't know enough yet.

Many thanks,

LRP