[erlang-questions] gen_udp:send blocks?

Roger Lipscombe roger@REDACTED
Fri Sep 7 15:40:34 CEST 2018

On 7 September 2018 at 14:28, Dmitry Kolesnikov <dmkolesnikov@REDACTED> wrote:
> I would implement a side process that re-resolves DNS every N seconds and
> then notifies your sender process with IP address.

That's a good suggestion, but we're already (as of 30 minutes ago)
using pobox, so it's easier just to wedge it in there. If we weren't
doing that, then your suggestion might be ideal. Thanks.

> or change DNS settings to few seconds to benefit from OS feature.

Ugh. That means talking to the ops team (just kidding!). I found
https://www.consul.io/docs/guides/dns-cache.html, so I'll talk with
them later about it.

> Keep
> in-mind that OTP has custom resolver. I’ve not hacked and do not know all
> details but it might have an explicit cache feature. It worth of checking.

Good point. I had a quick poke around in there a while ago. It's
probably worth taking another look.