[erlang-questions] gen_udp:send blocks?

Dmitry Kolesnikov dmkolesnikov@REDACTED
Fri Sep 7 15:28:24 CEST 2018

> On 7 Sep 2018, at 16.20, Roger Lipscombe <roger@REDACTED> wrote:
>
>  We want a fairly short TTL
> (because otherwise how would health-check failover work?). I'll
> explicitly cache the IP address and refresh it after each N messages
> sent.

I would implement a side process that re-resolves DNS every N seconds and then notifies your sender process with IP address.

or change DNS settings to few seconds to benefit from OS feature. Keep in-mind that OTP has custom resolver. I’ve not hacked and do not know all details but it might have an explicit cache feature. It worth of checking.

- Dmitry