[erlang-questions] Patch package OTP 21.1.1 released

lloyd@REDACTED lloyd@REDACTED
Fri Oct 12 23:25:41 CEST 2018

'Lo all,

I've been programming Erlang for some four years now. But I still don't understand how to keep up with and manage releases and patch packages.

I worked a bit with kerl at one point thanks to help from a kind person on the list, but I still don't understand how best to integrate kerl into my day-to-day development workflow and so I'm still writing code based on Erlang/OTP 19.

Is there  anywhere in vast cyberspace  a comprehensive tutorial that covers these fundamental issues and how best to keep applications up-to-date with latest and greatest versions of Erlang?

Many thanks,

LRP

-----Original Message-----
From: "Rickard Green" <rickard@REDACTED>
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2018 12:12pm
To: "erlang-questions@REDACTED" <erlang-questions@REDACTED>
Subject: [erlang-questions] Patch package OTP 21.1.1 released

Patch Package: OTP 21.1.1
Git Tag: OTP-21.1.1
Date: 2018-10-12
Trouble Report Id: OTP-14297, OTP-15318, OTP-15333, OTP-15335,
 OTP-15337, OTP-15342, OTP-15348
Seq num: ERIERL-242, ERL-689, ERL-737, ERL-738,
 ERL-747
System: OTP
Release: 21
Application: compiler-7.2.6, eldap-1.2.6, erts-10.1.1,
 ssl-9.0.3
Predecessor: OTP 21.1

 Check out the git tag OTP-21.1.1, and build a full OTP system
 including documentation. Apply one or more applications from this
 build as patches to your installation using the 'otp_patch_apply'
 tool. For information on install requirements, see descriptions for
 each application version below.

 --- compiler-7.2.6 --------------------------------------------------

 The compiler-7.2.6 application can be applied independently of other
 applications on a full OTP 21 installation.

 --- Fixed Bugs and Malfunctions ---

 OTP-15335 Application(s): compiler
 Related Id(s): ERL-689, OTP-15219

 In rare circumstances, the matched out tail of a binary
 could be the entire original binary. (There was partial
 correction to this problem in version 7.2.5 of the
 compiler application.)

 Full runtime dependencies of compiler-7.2.6: crypto-3.6, erts-9.0,
 hipe-3.12, kernel-4.0, stdlib-2.5

 --- eldap-1.2.6 -----------------------------------------------------

 The eldap-1.2.6 application can be applied independently of other
 applications on a full OTP 21 installation.

 --- Fixed Bugs and Malfunctions ---

 OTP-15342 Application(s): eldap
 Related Id(s): ERIERL-242

 A race condition at close could cause the eldap client
 to exit with a badarg message as cause.

 Full runtime dependencies of eldap-1.2.6: asn1-3.0, erts-6.0,
 kernel-3.0, ssl-5.3.4, stdlib-2.0

 --- erts-10.1.1 -----------------------------------------------------

 Note! The erts-10.1.1 application can *not* be applied independently
 of other applications on an arbitrary OTP 21 installation.

 On a full OTP 21 installation, also the following runtime
 dependency has to be satisfied:
 -- kernel-6.1 (first satisfied in OTP 21.1)

 --- Fixed Bugs and Malfunctions ---

 OTP-14297 Application(s): erts
 Related Id(s): OTP-15141

 A bug where the socket option 'pktoptions' caused a
 read of uninitialized memory has been fixed. Would
 cause malfunction on FreeBSD.

 OTP-15318 Application(s): erts

 Fixed a memory leak on errors when reading files.

 OTP-15333 Application(s): erts
 Related Id(s): ERL-737

 File access through UNC paths works again on Windows.
 This regression was introduced in OTP 21.

 Full runtime dependencies of erts-10.1.1: kernel-6.1, sasl-3.0.1,
 stdlib-3.5

 --- ssl-9.0.3 -------------------------------------------------------

 The ssl-9.0.3 application can be applied independently of other
 applications on a full OTP 21 installation.

 --- Fixed Bugs and Malfunctions ---

 OTP-15337 Application(s): ssl
 Related Id(s): ERL-738

 Correct alert handling with new TLS sender process,
 from ssl-9.0.2. CLOSE ALERTS could under some
 circumstances be encoded using an incorrect cipher
 state. This would cause the peer to regard them as
 unknown messages.

 OTP-15348 Application(s): ssl
 Related Id(s): ERL-747

 Correct handling of socket packet option with new TLS
 sender process, from ssl-9.0.2. When changing the
 socket option {packet, 1|2|3|4} with ssl:setopts/2 the
 option must internally be propagated to the sender
 process as well as the reader process as this
 particular option also affects the data to be sent.

 Full runtime dependencies of ssl-9.0.3: crypto-4.2, erts-10.0,
 inets-5.10.7, kernel-6.0, public_key-1.5, stdlib-3.5