[erlang-questions] Erlang Docker and Kubernetes examples

Andreas Schultz andreas.schultz@REDACTED
Thu Nov 29 10:41:07 CET 2018

Lukas Larsson <lukas@REDACTED> schrieb am Do., 29. Nov. 2018 um 09:11 Uhr:

> Hello!
>
> We have been spending some time to put together some example usages of
> Erlang together with Docker and/or Kubernetes. You can find the examples
> here: https://github.com/erlang/docker-erlang-example and
> https://github.com/erlang/docker-erlang-example/tree/minikube-simple/
>
> We are by no means experts at either Docker nor Kubernetes, so these
> examples were as much an exercise for us to become better as a tool for
> others to figure out what to do.
>
> If you have any feedback or wish to improve the examples, please open
> issues and PRs on github.

Just some small remarks:

* if you wish to use gen_sctp you need to add the  lksctp-tools package to
the final container
* I found that I also need zlib in the final container, not sure what the
dependency is
* for building NIFs in the 1st stage, you need:
                gcc \
                git \
                libc-dev libc-utils \
                libgcc \
                linux-headers \
                make \
                musl-dev musl-utils \
                pcre2 \
                pkgconf \
                scanelf \
                wget \
                zlib

I think it would also be nice to have a samples to build the docker image
with the most common CI tools.
I have samples for travis-ci [1] and can provide one for gitlab-ci. I just
don't have the time to make polished PR's.

Andreas

1: https://github.com/travelping/ergw/blob/feature/rf/.travis.yml#L42

> Enjoy,
> Lukas

Dipl.-Inform. Andreas Schultz

Travelping GmbH                     Phone:  +49-391-81 90 99 0
Roentgenstr. 13                     Fax:    +49-391-81 90 99 299
39108 Magdeburg                     Email:  info@REDACTED
GERMANY                             Web:    http://www.travelping.com

Company Registration: Amtsgericht Stendal        Reg No.:   HRB 10578
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Holger Winkelmann          VAT ID No.: DE236673780