[erlang-questions] Erlang Text Editor Searching

by by@REDACTED
Tue Nov 27 15:13:38 CET 2018

Thanks a lot for all your suggestions.

After considering these ideas, I decide to learn Emacs with extensions for Erlang at first, since Emacs is not easy to get started, I am not sure whether Emacs will be my final choice.

I wrote some front-end projects with VS Code, I must say, as a text editor, VS Code is just wonderful for front-end developers out-of-the-box.
The Erlang extension for VS Code is also very easy to use.
Actually, in my view, as a project, the default behavior is very important. Users should take very simple/stupid steps to get into the project, the advanced feature or customization should be another topic. VS Code is a good example, I download it, open project folder, then write the code(front-end); or, I install the Erlang extension, then write the Erlang code.

And yes, I know Emacs is very flexible, but the Emacs world is just not easy to get into.
I used vi before, and am happy about it for simple file editing, but never tried vim with advanced plugins.

Use Erlang as an another example, I am attracted by the world view of Erlang: observe the world, and write program based on the observation.
This is simple, and I get started without too much pain. And I know Erlang is hard in some sense, but this is another topic.

I think I will use Emacs and VS Code at the same time. If I have time and configured Emacs to a handy state, It will be choice.

Best Regards,
Yao