[erlang-questions] Does enif_schedule_nif schedule a NIF for the same scheduler thread?

Rickard Green rickard@REDACTED
Sun Nov 25 13:57:40 CET 2018

sön 25 nov. 2018 kl. 08:33 skrev Edmond Begumisa <
ebegumisa@REDACTED>:

> PS. I guess the same question applies to ERL_NIF_DIRTY_JOB_CPU_BOUND or
> ERL_NIF_DIRTY_JOB_IO_BOUND flags when enif_schedule_nif is called from a
> dirty CPU/IO scheduler. Will the future NIF be executed on the very same
> dirty CPU/IO scheduler thread?
>
> - Edmond -
>
> On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 17:26:34 +1000, Edmond Begumisa
> <ebegumisa@REDACTED> wrote:
>
> > Hello all,
> >
> > If I call enif_schedule_nif from a regular scheduler thread with the
> > flags argument set to zero, when the emulator gets around to executing
> > it, will my scheduled NIF be called from the very same regular
> scheduler
> > thread as when I called enif_schedule_nif? Or could it be any regular
> > scheduler thread?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > - Edmond -

It may be scheduled on any scheduler of the requested type.

Regards,
Rickard Green, Erlang/OTP, Ericsson AB

--
Rickard Green, Erlang/OTP, Ericsson AB