[erlang-questions] [ANN] locus: Geolocation and ASN lookup of IP addresses

Сергей Прохоров seriy.pr@REDACTED
Tue Jan 2 21:51:43 CET 2018

Hi, Guilherme

> 5) Not having a limited number of workers as a potential bottleneck
>     - This was solved by sharing the different database sections as
> reference-counted binaries
>       through ETS

Are you sure it works like this?
Because, as far as I know, ETS data resides in a separate chunk of memory.
Is the idea that ETS will only contain references to original shared
binary, but not the binary itself?
Have you checked / measured that it really works that way and not copying
whole database to / from ETS for each lookup?