[erlang-questions] Intermediate certificate as CA

Ingela Andin ingela.andin@REDACTED
Sat Feb 24 14:59:44 CET 2018

Hi!

The partial chain option lets you do the certificate path validation with
an intermediate as "roo"t e.i. certificates above the trusted intermediate
are not validated.  I can see that it might be practical if the server
would try building the path, but that is not the way I read the RFC.

Regards Ingela Erlang/OTP team - Ericsson AB

Interesting.  In my understanding it is perfectly valid for a server to