[erlang-questions] Abandoned (ranch) connection processes?

Dmitry Kolesnikov dmkolesnikov@REDACTED
Thu Feb 15 12:15:27 CET 2018

Hello,

> On 15 Feb 2018, at 13.08, Roger Lipscombe <roger@REDACTED> wrote:
>
> The only thing I can think of is that the socket is being closed
> between ranch:accept_ack and Transport:setopts, and Erlang's not
> sending the ssl_closed message. Does this sound likely? How do I deal
> with this?

No, it does not sound likely! The bug is either at ranch or your code.

I think you should try to verify the result of each socket operation before going further on. I am referring here to your statement: I'm *not* verifying the result.

Best Regards,
Dmitry