[erlang-questions] Coon - new tool for building Erlang packages, dependency management and deploying Erlang services

Fred Hebert mononcqc@REDACTED
Mon Feb 12 17:21:20 CET 2018

What I'm saying is that it does not matter how I interpret things. I asked
and the author said publicly it was a raccoon. I'm okay with that
explanation and I'm ready to believe it.

My point is that other people won't ask the author, won't know who he is,
and will pick an interpretation and stick with it. They won't need the
context, they won't need anything. They'll just do it. The name can be
interpreted in a racist way, and so it's pretty much guaranteed that it
will be eventually interpreted that way. The author is free to go ahead and
keep the name, and the users and onlookers will be free to read whatever
they want in that name.

That is 100% my point.