[erlang-questions] Coon - new tool for building Erlang packages, dependency management and deploying Erlang services

Kostis Sagonas kostis@REDACTED
Mon Feb 12 17:13:36 CET 2018

On 02/12/2018 04:16 PM, Fred Hebert wrote:

> This e-mail thread is already making the rounds on a few slack
> communities I'm on and the outlook is//at worst that the Erlang
> community is full of racists, or at best that it's full of people with
> terrible judgement.

Personally, I do not care about what happens on "slack" because I have
not subscribed to it.  I _do_ care about this mailing list because I am
interested in the *Erlang language*.

Today, I have received just two e-mails with Erlang-related
announcements and, after Fred's sincere question to the author on
whether he is aware of the connotations that the word "coon" has - which
by the way I think is very appropriate as a *single* mail to the author
here, by now several tens of mails about the possible meanings of
different words in different languages, and about how to name or not
name software.

I can admit that perhaps these are more important issues than those that
answer Erlang language-related questions and inform about developments,
but can you guys please move this discussion to slack or some other
forum where such discussions are more appropriate?

Can we instead see in this list some mail(s) whether this "coon" tool
(or whatever other name it may get) is actually useful (or not) for the
community of the language, and how it can possibly improve?

Thanks,
Kostis