[erlang-questions] Erlang mnesia node getting isolated from cluster

Saurav Prakash sauravprakash2968@REDACTED
Fri Feb 2 05:30:11 CET 2018

I have an erlang(release 17.3) mnesia cluster of 3 nodes running in 1
datacenter with disk+ram based tables. Once in a while I would see that one
node at random,say A, would show other 2 nodes as
stopped(stopped_db_nodes). Also other 2 nodes, say B and C would show A in
stopped_db_nodes. This basically leaves the cluster partitioned although no
network split actually happens.The call to erlang:nodes() on all 3 nodes
return the whole cluster.I don't even see mnesia system events of
partition,maybe because the erlang node never went down.

Is there a bug somewhere in mnesia that causes false network partitions?
What would be the right way to remedy this? We are thinking about turning
majority on in the cluster.