[erlang-questions] otp 21.2

Michael Truog mjtruog@REDACTED
Fri Dec 21 03:42:33 CET 2018

On 12/20/18 4:01 PM, Sam Overdorf wrote:
> I don't know about you but if I am responsible for a production
> environment I am in control of how everything starts and stops and
> everything in between.
> My goal for having all of this control is I want my production
> environment to run simply and smoothly for all of my users.
> My way of making it simple and smooth is to control everything and the
> more tools I have to do this the better.

visibility and is outside of the release, as part of the release, as if
it was meant to be there does not help the release be more dependable.
The random source code can cause problems, and avoiding the potential
for it to be the source of problems is a great way to pursue having a
dependable release.  Random source code can always be entered into the
shell, which should be logged, or added to a module that is properly
within the release and that gives it visibility, allowing it to be tracked.

Best Regards,
Michael