[erlang-questions] Separating Functionality

Robert Raschke rtrlists@REDACTED
Wed Aug 29 21:50:14 CEST 2018

The main equivalent of a microservice is what Erlang calls an
"application". This is an entity that you are supposed to be able to start,
stop and up/downgrade as a thing in its own right. And it may depend on
other "applications", in turn it may be depended upon, or it can be
independent or even just a stateless library.

Multiple "applications" make up your system, called a "release" in Erlang.
Whether your "applications" are distributed across multiple nodes or not is
up to you.