[erlang-questions] Unknown error while using SSL/TLS

Leo Liu sdl.web@REDACTED
Wed Aug 8 14:23:45 CEST 2018

On 2018-08-07 16:19 -0300, Amin Arria wrote:
> I have an application using cowboy with SSL/TLS. For some reason it has
> stopped accepting connections and giving SSL erros to the clients
> connecting.
>
> The only piece of info the server gives is "TLS server: In state certify
> received CLIENT ALERT: Fatal - Illegal Parameter" and I can't find anything
> about. Do you know anything?

I have to debug such an issue some weeks ago. I got a call for help near
midnight and wasted nearly 3 hours to get it working (sort of).

Something changed between OTP 20.3.2 and 20.3.8.3 that makes some
certificates unhappy. I bypassed it by using SSL application from 20.3.2
with OTP 20.3.8.3. There is some bug somewhere.

Leo