[erlang-questions] 'cannot' /= 'can not'

Wed Aug 1 09:55:19 CEST 2018

On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 08:22:16PM +0200, empro2@REDACTED wrote:
> Am Mon, 30 Jul 2018 10:56:15 +0200
> schrieb Raimo Niskanen
> <raimo+erlang-questions@REDACTED>:
>
> > Thank you for the review!
>
> Not at all! least I could do having brought this up.
>

> > I think now is a better time than most, thanks to being
> > vacation time...
>
> I wonder what to do with the notes I took while at it.
>
>  - EEP: overkill, completely wrong place.
>
>  - erlang-patches? The things there do look different.
>
>  - bugs.erlang.org: as an improvement? and then each one
>    separately? there is nothing like it (yet)(?)
>
> I noted down 4 and a half cases in which the change itself
> seems to be of little use. As I could not make much sense of
> the text in these cases (using only the extended diff
> contexts) my "suggestions" are no more than possibly helpful
> phrasings.

I would say that the appropriate way would be to fork the project at GitHub
and to submit pull request / a pull request.  Documentation improvements
are a good thing.

I also noted that in some of the places the "cannot" change was only a tiny
improvement and that the surrounding text really would benefit from being
reworked.

But I wanted my pull request to only change one thing, not only according to
our pull request guidelines...

Thank you for pointing at the bad wordings below, we'll see if someone
steps up.  Now they at least are on record.

/ Raimo