[erlang-questions] Network connections fail when starting rebar app using "console" parameter

Whealy, Chris chris.whealy@REDACTED
Wed Apr 11 16:44:29 CEST 2018

Hi All

I have a Cowboy app that at startup time, downloads various files from another web server.  I’m using rebar to create a release, and this all works fine when I start the app using the “start” parameter

$ _build/default/rel/geo_server/bin/geo_server start

But all the downloads fail when I use the “console” parameter

$ _build/default/rel/geo_server/bin/geo_server console

No other network conditions have changed, but now all the HTTP connections fail with {conn_failed,{error,ehostdown}} which clearly is not the case...

Are extra parameters needed when starting the app using “console”?

Thanks

Chris Whealy
SAP Cloud Platform | Strategy & Product Management | Team
SAP UK Ltd, Clockhouse Place, Bedfont Rd, Feltham, Middx, TW14 8HA, England

M +44 (0)7808 575377
Find out more on the Strategy & Product Management Wiki page<https://wiki.wdf.sap.corp/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=1865737441> (SAP internal)
Follow our latest activities in SAP CP User Community Jam Group<https://jam4.sapjam.com/groups/about_page/eopqUq5S182gY7JFrbdwis>
Please consider the impact on the environment before printing this e-mail.
Twitter: @LogaRhythm

"The voice of ignorance speaks loud and long,
  but the words of the wise are quiet and few"
                                                 Ancient Proverb