[erlang-questions] Erlang VM in Rust

Tue Sep 19 13:41:19 CEST 2017

On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 11:38 PM Richard A. O'Keefe <ok@REDACTED>
wrote:

> What's your opinion of F#?  It seems to be the language
> of choice for people who liked Caml but need to take advantage
> of multiple cores.  I haven't done any benchmarking; I doubt
> that it could match OCaml in raw speed.

I have not used it enough to have an opinion (yet). Were I to communicate a
lot with the .NET platform, I'd probably pick it because it has a null
value and this is a necessity when talking to C# I'm told.

Given that it runs under a pretty powerful JIT, it could perform really
well for a lot of tasks I think.

My "dream" would be an industry-supported parallel MLton :P