[erlang-questions] McErlang

Kostis Sagonas kostis@REDACTED
Tue Oct 3 08:27:06 CEST 2017

On 10/03/2017 07:13 AM, zxq9 wrote:
>> Now this looked like a very useful tool, but before I
>> spend any time getting a clean compilation,
>>    - is anyone else (still) using McErlang?
>>    - has McErlang been replaced by something better that
>>      I can afford?
>>    - or should I just forget all about it?
> ... <SNIP> ...
>
> Concurrent model testing in Erlang is a rather large gap we have that
> tends to get covered by actual runs and post-mortem analysis. Which is
> actually fine for the majority of cases (clearly; we've gotten this far)
> but having a tool that can do for concurrent sequence testing what tools
> like PropER can do for functional testing would be quite useful.

I think that you should really take a look at Concuerror.

	http://concuerror.com/

Besides various tutorials, which are quite comprehensive, it also comes
with (not always easy to read) papers that explain its technology and
its differences from McErlang.

I am of course very partial, since I'm heavily involved in its design
and development, but it's in many ways a superior tool.

Hope that others find it useful; some already have.

Kostis