[erlang-questions] Erlang Language Specification

Joe Armstrong erlang@REDACTED
Thu Nov 30 17:56:19 CET 2017

On Thu, Nov 30, 2017 at 4:33 PM, Simon  Thompson
<S.J.Thompson@REDACTED> wrote:

> Once it’s stable would be great to transform the document into something
> executable (e.g. Erlang, Haskell) or even verifiable (Isabelle, Coq,
> K-framework) so that there’s a “reference implementation” which can be
> tested and verified.
>
> Simon

Great idea - I'd go for an XML input with a custom DTD - this is
pretty easy to transform
into PDF (via LaTeX or Apache FOP) or HTML and subsets can be extracted for
automatic code generation and verification.

I've often used XML for this, generating code, manual pages and PDFs
from a single
input.

/Joe