[erlang-questions] Problem with vm.args app env

Sat May 27 16:08:25 CEST 2017

You are trying to use `name-of-config.sml` as an erlang term. It isn't
valid because it is not a valid erlang term since it has a . in it. You can
wrap it in quotes to make it a string. Do note that variable expansion in
the shell may affect you, so we wrap it in single quotes to avoid variable
expansion inside. Example:

[jlouis@REDACTED ~]$ erl -kernel config '"name-of-config.xml"'
Erlang/OTP 20 [erts-9.0] [source] [64-bit] [smp:8:8] [ds:8:8:10]
[async-threads:10] [hipe] [kernel-poll:false]

Eshell V9.0  (abort with ^G)
1> application:get_env(kernel, config).
{ok,"name-of-config.xml"}