[erlang-questions] View Compiled Binary Search Pattern

Sat May 13 17:06:20 CEST 2017

I don't think there is any support for this in the current or new Erlang
systems. Compiled patterns are represented as magic binaries currently.
This will change in Erlang/OTP 20.0 where you will have a reference type
for this. But the semantics will stay the same: There is no way to go
backwards. You best bet is to figure out where the creator code is. Then
you can look at who creates the compiled binary search pattern.