[erlang-questions] simple cross platform graphics component

Joe Armstrong erlang@REDACTED
Mon Jun 26 13:01:50 CEST 2017

Any ideas here.

I want a cross platform graphics widget.

When started it should pop up a window and
listen for messages on port P
I should be able to connect to port P using UDP or TCP

I send the widget messages encoded in something
(JSON, XML, OSC)

The messages contain descriptions of graphics objects (preferably SVG)

The only program I have been able to find that does this is
inscore (http://inscore.sourceforge.net/)

This uses OSC messages over UDP

What I'd really like is an SVG over OSC over UDP widget (even JSON
over TCP would be OK - though less elegant)

My view of architectures is that components should be separated by
communications channels, and be controlled by messages. They should do
one thing and do it well.

My personal favorite is OSC over UDP for ease of programming and
simplicity. OSC over TCP is also a possibility.

Cheers

/Joe