[erlang-questions] synchronous diameter_app:handle_request() -- how to spawn a worker?

Rick van Rein rick@REDACTED
Mon Jul 3 12:53:20 CEST 2017

Ah!

> Each handle_request callback happens in a process that's spawned for
> that purpose, so concurrency is already there.

That makes sense!  I seem to have misread the diameter documentation to
suggest that it would setup a diameter_app for each transport connection.

It probably was the phrasing under {restrict_connections,...} or
{share_peers,...} that got me to hold the wrong end of the stick.

> You can do what you
> want in the callback as long as it (eventually) returns an answer (or
> not).

Clear.

> Or are you looking for more control over the request processes?

No, this is all that I needed.  Proper understanding :)

Thanks!
 -Rick