[erlang-questions] Erlang zlib and concurrency

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Tue Jan 31 15:14:51 CET 2017

Hello,

The zlib module in Erlang can not do work concurrently, I believe. It
always seem to use a single core. I have a vague memory of an Erlang
Factory talk mentioning this and that they rewrote the algorithm in
Erlang to speed things up. But I am seeing no such code around.

Does anyone know of an open source implementation of zlib in Erlang? I
personally need gzip only.

If not, would anyone be willing to sponsor it? Shouldn't take more than
a day or two.

Cheers,

--
Loïc Hoguin