[erlang-questions] Erlang basic doubts about String, message passing and context switching overhead

Michał Muskała michal@REDACTED
Tue Jan 17 08:17:10 CET 2017

On 17 Jan 2017, 07:39 +0100, Richard A. O'Keefe <ok@REDACTED>, wrote:

> Let's see, I use Fortran, C, occasionally C++ or Objective C,
> Python, Prolog, Erlang, Lisp, Scheme, R, Ada (when Apple haven't
> broken my gcc setup *again*), Smalltalk, Java, C#, SML, F#,
> sometimes a bit of JavaScript (yuck). In *all* of them, if
> there are operations to convert case, the operations are in fact
> *library* operations. In *all* of them, I have to look them up.

I just checked and all: Python 3, Ruby, Java, C# (so probably F# as well) and JavaScript properly uppercase the character "ł" using the built-in functions, without any additional libraries.

Michał.