[erlang-questions] Erlang basic doubts about String, message passing and context switching overhead

Rickard Andersson rickard.m.andersson@REDACTED
Sun Jan 15 10:36:28 CET 2017

No one is talking about doing `"Here's a string".upcase()`, though. You
seem to be under the impression that Elixir uses methods and objects or
the like to accomplish reasonable string operations. It uses a String
module that has functions. It's not different from Erlang, it just
actually implements things that people want.

// gonz