[erlang-questions] Erlang basic doubts about String, message passing and context switching overhead

Dan Gudmundsson dgud@REDACTED
Sun Jan 15 11:17:17 CET 2017

On Sun, Jan 15, 2017 at 10:48 AM Loïc Hoguin <essen@REDACTED> wrote:

> Great work!

You have not seen it yet :-)

> Does this include (some) support for locales? As far as I recall they
> are necessary to do uppercasing and lowercasing properly.

No not currently I have taken the elixir approach of a basic unicode
support without locale handling, that is another can of worm which I guess
can be opened later if there is need.
But we don't have locale support anywhere else and I don't want start with
adding that first,
then will we never get any unicode support.
>From my understanding for uppercase and lowercase there very few cases
which need
the locale to correctly transform them.

/Dan