[erlang-questions] diameter circular inherits

Ferrer Guasch Vicent vicent.ferrerguasch@REDACTED
Wed Feb 15 13:06:54 CET 2017

Hi all,

I am trying to compile some 3GPP diameter applications.  The problem I have is that those standards have circular definitions between them. They have their own definitions and reused definitions from other standards.

Below I included a simple example: To compile the Rx application I need the Gx beam and to compile the Gx application I need the Rx beam, this is because diameterc requires the beam file from the inherits. The module  diameter_make also has the same restriction.

I don't see any clear way to solve this issue without modifying the dictionaries. I could avoid the @inherits and define the AVPs locally, but some types are not so easy as the ones shown here and I would like to avoid defining AVPs twice. Am I missing something? Any idea on how to compile these?

Thanks in advance,
Vicent

File: diameter_3gpp_29214.dia (Rx application)
@inherits diameter_3gpp_29212
    ToS-Traffic-Class
;; Other definitions
@avp_types
Max-Requested-Bandwidth-DL                           515    Unsigned32          MV
Max-Requested-Bandwidth-UL                           516    Unsigned32          MV

File: diameter_3gpp_29212.dia (Gx application)
@inherits diameter_3gpp_29214
    Max-Requested-Bandwidth-DL
    Max-Requested-Bandwidth-UL
;; Other definitions
@avp_types
ToS-Traffic-Class                                    1014   OctetString         MV