[erlang-questions] GUI development with Erlang

Alan Gingras alangingras@REDACTED
Sat Dec 9 13:39:48 CET 2017

Arif,

Perhaps my difficulty lies in the documentation for wxErlang and WxWidgets
combined with my experience with Windows.Forms, TCL/Tk and others.  I have
been able to find excellent documentation and examples easily for pretty
much everything I have wanted or needed to do.  Not diminishing WxWidgets,
but getting the layouts correct and working as desired has been faster and
easier for me in every other GUI package I've used.  The others (for the
most part) seemed more intuitive to me than the windows/panels etc. of
wxWidgets.  And I have worked through what little I can find on the
wxErlang, i.e.
http://www.idiom.com/~turner/wxtut/wxwidgets.html
http://wxerlang.dougedmunds.com/

In the end, I think better documentation - not written for someone who
already knows how to use either WxWidgets or wxErlang - would be a key
improvement.

Regards,
Alan