[erlang-questions] Security scanning tools for Erlang?

Marco Molteni marco.molteni@REDACTED
Wed Oct 26 20:13:22 CEST 2016

I am not aware of any static analysis tool for Erlang.

On the other hand, there are tools that are language-agnostic and that look at the attack surface from the network and I/O point of view.

For example, peach the fuzzer (commercial), scapy (lower-level, requires to customize, open source), american fuzzy loop (open source) and many others.

Or, although not a security tool, the very advanced concolic testing tool by Kostis, CutEr (see recent presentations at Erlang Factory).

I understand all the propositions in the list above require way more time to setup than a static analysis tool. On the other hand, I think they are very important if one _really_ cares about security.

marco