[erlang-questions] cancellable worker process

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu55@REDACTED
Fri Nov 18 20:44:33 CET 2016

Hi all,

In a project I'm working on, I need to be able to start a computation and
be able to retrieve partial answers as well as cancel it. I couldn't find
anything similar on the net, so I implemented something myself, hoping it
may be of more general interest. In that case I will release it properly,
with tests and docs.

https://gist.github.com/vladdu/911a3ccccc6fa8b0aed08a93ec8fa37e

I would appreciate comments about any (more or less glaring) bugs and
(hints of) overengineering. ;-)

Some of the details could be ported to rpc:async_call, like the ability to
call yield from any process, if it is deemed to be useful.

best regards,
Vlad