[erlang-questions] Sync transaction vs dump log in mnesia

ARUN P arunp@REDACTED
Tue Nov 8 06:23:57 CET 2016

Hi,

      Can someone kindly describe me what is the difference between sync
transaction and dump log in mnesia.?. Because in my application I am
using mnesia database and I observed that soon after writing data into
table, if the system restarts the data will not be persistent, And I am
aware of the mnesia dump_log_time_threshold and dump_log_write_threshold
and i don't want to change these thresholds for time being. To solve
this problem I used mnesia:sync_transaction/1 but that also fails ( in
the function description of mnesia:sync_transaction in Mnesia Reference
Manual its been told that the data will be logged to disk ). But if I
call mnesia:dump_log/0 function soon after the write operation and
restart the system the data will be persistent.

Thanks in advance,
Arun