[erlang-questions] [ANN] erpc

Chandru chandrashekhar.mullaparthi@REDACTED
Tue May 24 23:44:29 CEST 2016

Hi Holger,

On 23 May 2016 at 16:44, Holger Winkelmann <hwinkel@REDACTED> wrote:

> HI,
>
> Yes, with different names. That way each application can have its own
> dedicated connection(s) so that it doesn't suffer from sharing connections.
> For a single named connection, you can also have multiple transport
> connections. Also, connections are uni-directional so you have complete
> control over traffic flows.
>
> I assume you mean the connection setup being uni-directional but the
> communication can be bi-directional?

No, communication is uni-directional as well. Only the client side can send
requests to the server side. If you want a bi-directional connection
between two nodes A and B, you will have to configure a client connection
on A to B, and vice versa. This is roughly the third time I'm trying to
implement an efficient RPC mechanism for Erlang and I feel this is the most
optimal way to design it.

I'm still thinking of supporting bi-directional connections, but I haven't
worked out the best way to do it - it may never happen.

cheers,
Chandru