[erlang-questions] Wanted additions to the maps module?

Grzegorz Junka list1@REDACTED
Tue May 10 01:59:21 CEST 2016

I only wanted to mention that maps is not the only key-value data
structure available in Erlang and may not the best one to implement such
an iterator. I once did a benchmark of available key-value data stores
measuring not only the speed, but also the amount of consumed memory:

https://gist.github.com/amiramix/d43c9a73a6fe6d651d7f

Maps are quite performant but process dictionary is still quicker and
maps are the worst when it comes to consumed memory, taking twice as
much as dict or process dictionary and over 5 times as much memory as ets.

BTW if you have a look and find any issues please let me know and I will
be happy to correct and rerun. The test simply initializes the data
structure with InitSize amount of Key-Value elements, and then starts
measuring the time and memory needed to write/read Accesses amount of
Key-Value/Key elements with randomly generated Keys.

Greg